Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blog in Plain English

Blogs are the new beginnings of communication. It give people a chance to talk and post their creative thoughts on life and societal situations on the web. Most older people who grew up without technology think its a waste of time and a big distraction for the youth. I believe we as a people need to evolve with technology so we wont be lost and confused. I believe blogs are a great use for educational purposes and great resource.

This can help teachers to learn about their students abilities to write about themselves without having to stand up in front of the class nervously. Helps also to learn who creative they can be with their mind. Blogs can help students get along with each other because the can read about them and then they wont be total strangers to each other. They may find that they have similar values and interests. It's up to the teachers to incorporate this in the classroom so it can be beneficial.

When I read chapter six I learned of the many technologies that are being used in the classrooms. I like the fact that these students knew how to create blogs, the teachers created blogs and it has become very active in the classroom. Being that I will be a physical education teachers I can make a blog with information about different motor skills and how students can develop. It will also give me as a teacher a chance to see how my students respond. I can determine which student likes what sport and be able to have every student satisfied by the end of the term. Blogging is becoming the greatest success.

References
Blog in Plain English
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN2I1pWXjXI

Jonassen, David H., and David H. Jonassen. Meaningful Learning with Technology. Upper
Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

3 comments:

  1. Blogs do allow people a chance to be creative with their thoughts, and allows them to be themselves. Technology has advanced over the years and yes I agree with your statement when you say that blogs are the new communication. I want to be a speech teacher, so I would definitely use blogs to gain insight and ideas from my students. Since you are planning on being a physical education teacher, then I think that blogs would be a helpful tool to use in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that you've found a way to incorporate technology and blogging into physical education! I always wanted to have an opinion in what we would be doing in P.E., and using blogs would be a great way to accomplish that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its actually weird how blogs and texting have taken over the world, I'm just amazed at what we as humanity have come from to get where we are now

    Thris Greer

    ReplyDelete